To The Messianic/Natsari “Jews” ( specifically Ashkenazi and Sephardic ),
Greetings in the strong name of our Heavenly Father Yahuah, and His Son Yahushua. If I could have your attention for just a few brief moments. My intent in this letter, with the helping grace of the Most High, is to speak the truth to you in love. Regardless of our positions on this subject, if you love the Messiah Yahushua and the torah, then we are brethren. Our bond is not ethnicity or skin color, but rather the blood of our Master Yahushua Messiah.
It is only natural for one born and raised Jewish to be defensive, and to meet such claims as ours with contempt. I do not expect this letter to be well received by all who read it. I do expect, however, that if you are Messianic or Natsari, you have a love for the truth and are willing to prove all things, and hold fast that which is good.
Your nation of people are generally acknowledged world-wide as the true children of Yisrael for the following reasons:
- They are recognized by the media, and the generally accepted historical writings which are taught in public schools.
- They have retained the Hebrew language, customs, and traditions for many centuries.
- They have historically suffered the Holocaust, the Inquisition, the pogroms, etc.
- They are said to have the blessing of the Most High upon them, which is reflected in their financial, social, and military success.
- They have come together as a national entity in the land of Yisrael after being scattered for many centuries.
I am sure that there are more reasons, but I wanted to deal with some basic ones. I will take each of these five reasons and pose some relevant questions to you. My hope and prayer is that you open your heart to be challenged, not according to my opinion, but according to the scriptures.
- You and I would probably agree that the Roman Catholic Church is not the “one true church” that they claim to be, however, (1) are not the RCC and her Protestant daughters recognized by the media and the generally accepted historical writings which are taught in public schools? (2) What kind of recognition has the faith that you and I hold been given by the media and public education? (3) Is not this “Messianic/Hebrew Roots” faith considered cultic by the general religious public? (4) Are we not accused of being the modern-day “Judaizers”? (5) Is media and “historical” recognition proof that your nation of people are the true children of Yisrael?
- (1) Where do the scriptures say that the majority of the children of Yisrael would retain the language, customs, and traditions throughout the ages? ( Please read our post about the topic of LOST IDENTITY ) (2) Do not the scriptures say that the children of Yisrael would be worshipping other gods in the lands of their captivity? ( Deut. 4:28; 28:64; Ezek. 36:25, 31 )
- It is not my desire or intent to marginalize or make light of what the Jewish people have suffered in times past, but I am compelled to ask the following questions: (1) Where is the Holocaust in the scriptures? (2) Where is the Inquisition? (3) The pogroms? (4) Although there is much prophecy concerning the sufferings of the children of Yisrael among the nations throughout history, where are these events specifically described? The events that are pinpointed, such as a multinational slave trade that involved all nations ( Joel 3:1-3 ), Yisrael being taken into captivity in slave ships ( Deut. 28:68 ), and being enslaved and oppressed by modern-day Babylon, which is the United States of America ( Isa. 13:19-14:4; 47:6-9; Jer. 50:33, 34 ), (5) can your nation of people claim these historical events? (6) Have these not been fulfilled in those who you call “African-Americans”?
- (1) Is the blessing of the Most High going to be upon the children of Yisrael collectively before the turning of their captivity? (2) Is this blessing conditional or unconditional? (3) If conditional, then are the conditions being met collectively by your nation of people today? (4) If the conditions are not being met collectively by your nation of people today, then should they not be experiencing the perpetual curses of the torah until they collectively repent? ( Deut. 28:45, 46 )
- (1) If the secular state of Israel has fulfilled the scriptural regathering of the nation of Yisrael, then why after over a half a century is the Messiah not seated on the throne and ruling from Yerushalayim? (2) As the scriptures tell us that the children of Yisrael would go through a wilderness before entering the land like in the days of Moshe ( Ezek. 20:33-38 ), when was this wilderness experience for the people who have migrated to the land of Yisrael? (3) If the “rebels” and “transgressors” are to be purged out before the children of Yisrael return to the land, then why have so many athiests migrated to the land over the years? The Most High specifically said that “they shall not enter into the land of Yisrael”. (4) If no “rebels” or “transgressors” are to enter into the land, then why does Yerushalayim hold sodomite parades every year?
These are honest questions. I mean no disrespect or dishonor, but I believe that an extremely weighty claim of being the true children of Yisrael must be rigorously scrutinized according to the scriptures if it is to be upheld. Your claim, as well as ours, must pass through the fire of the word of Yahuah if it is to be found true. If you love truth, then you should not be offended and accuse people of being “anti-semites” for wanting to examine your claims according to the scriptures. If you have the truth concerning this matter, then you should want to bring your claims to the light so that they can be seen to be “wrought in Alohym” ( Jn. 3:20, 21 ).
In closing I will say that in this post as well as the three posts entitled “What About the ‘Jews’?”, I believe that I have made a sincere effort to speak the truth in love, and to extend a brotherly challenge rather than to polarize and isolate. Do you receive what I have written? If so, then take the awesome knowledge and understanding of the torah that you and your nation of people have retained over the centuries and seek out the true children of Yisrael and share it with them. Let the Most High use you to build up His kingdom in these last days. Be willing to lose everything for the sake of the truth, be it family, friends, community, or what have you, and you will be blessed. Selah.
Your Brother In Messiah Yahushua,
Hiram Ben Yisrael